Tuesday, November 30, 2010

I Really Hate it When He is Right...

As predicted by my husband, I have burned out on the twice weekly schlep to the Heart of Beaverton for Isaac to attend the adapted OGA and Martial Arts class. That, combined with various other therapies and special classes made me feel as if I should just MOVE to the suburbs and get it over with, but dammit, I just can't do it. I am an Urban Gal. I do not like spending quality time in the car. I am allergic to strip-malls.

All of this dark, gloomy weather has not helped.

So I have put those on hold and am looking for closer replacements. One possibility is the Lotus Seed, just one mile from my house. They have a Capoeira for Children class twice a week at a more reasonable 4PM-5:30PM, so we are going to check it out. And, no, I have no idea what that is nor does the name "The Lotus Seed" fill me with anything other than annoyance, but I will try to be open minded (can ya give me an "ohmmmmm"). Am not being very open minded these days. Much easier to be annoyed and grumpy.

Or maybe it is because until I recover from my pinched nerve, the Doc has me on muscle relaxers, and they are making me feel useless these days. Or maybe it is because for the life of me I can't find Harry Potter Lego sets on sale anywhere. Or maybe I am still traumatized by agreeing to go Black Friday shopping with my in-laws and having spent the hours of 12Am-6AM in various lines at Jantzen Beach has thrown me right off the holidays.

Yep. Need a drink (which I can't have because of the muscle relaxers).

*sigh*

No comments:

Post a Comment